Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Special Contest Stuff

My esteemed colleague Ms. Host already announced our week of contests starting December 13, 2010 on Monday, which you probably already saw anyway but I felt like repeating here.

With that out of the way, I have a bit of a conundrum on my hands. I know the contest I'm going to run -- the Ten Word Novel Contest that I did last year -- but I wonder what I should offer as a prize. You'll recall that this is exactly the same dilemma I had the last time I ran this contest. This appears to be something of a theme with this particular contest.

Anywho, what do you want as a prize for this shindig? Anything fancy?

10 comments:

Linda G. said...

You can never go wrong with chocolate. Or diamonds. But chocolate is cheaper. ;)

C. N. Nevets said...

A bag of Boca Java coffee or a steam punk-ized illustration of our non-steampunk main character.

K. Marie Criddle said...

I want a fluffy pink dress for the shindig. Something that'll make me look like a sheep on its hind legs.

And books! And a steampunked computer. And a raygun!! Do your steampunked magic, Mr. D.

Davin Malasarn said...

A puppy!

But, I'd go for reading related stuff or a critique too. Or how about a steampunk transformation of someone's non-steampunk story?

Matthew Delman said...

Linda -- I think HHTM would get a little suspicious if I bought diamonds for a contest winner. That puts those right out.

C.N. -- I'll make sure that, if you enter and win, your prize is a bag of Boca Java coffee. The art thing is more another Alliterati's speed, but I might consider it.

Marie -- I'd ask why you want to look like a sheep on its hind legs, but then this is you we're talking about. And comments like that don't surprise me any more.

Domey -- A Steampunk transformation to a non-Steampunk story would be kind of interesting.

Adam Heine said...

K. Marie's suggestion is good for girls, but personally I'll settle for nothing less than a gun named Vera.

Okay, okay. I'll also settle for agent representation.

Matthew Delman said...

Adam -- Firefly references will always win the internet.

C. N. Nevets said...

Adam is definitely a hero for that one.

Now I wanna go to the crappy little blog where *I'm* a hero.

Susan R. Mills said...

How about a Nook Color, or maybe a trip to Hawaii????

Matthew Delman said...

C.N. -- You can be a hero here too. You did suggest coffee after all.

Susan -- Much as I like you all, I wouldn't offer a trip to Hawaii as a prize unless I had tons of cash. And if I did have enough cash to go to Hawaii, I'd go myself and take HHTM. Them's the breaks! ;)