Thursday, November 3, 2011

When Chocolate Talks

This is what my chocolate told me during lunch today:


You may have to be female to understand this or you may not but when chocolate talks you had better listen. There isn't anything else to it.

And boy did I need that chocolate. This morning was . . . one of THOSE mornings.
You know? The ones where nothing seems to go right and no matter what you do you're going to end up three steps behind the ball?

Yeah.

Not fun. Especially since I had planned on participating to some degree in NaNoWriMo this year and haven't been able to get started on it yet.

And then my choclate tells me to challenge myself and seek inner peace and I think "Hey that's what NaNoWriMo is suposed to be all about."

Actually it's what pretty much anything is about. Sure we want to be challenged and push the limits of our strength but ultimately its about being at peace within ourselves, not end results or what others think about our acomplishments. It's about what we think of them and whether they satisfy us.

So here's wishing you good luck in your NaNoWriMo endeavors and reminding you not to stress out about it. Enjoy it, learn from it. Be proud of it.

Do you know what else my chocolate told me?

And there's no arguing with cocoa beans.

3 comments:

K. Marie Criddle said...

Ha! I love it! I agree, one does not question the chocolate.

I'm at peace with myself not pushing for a billion words for NaNoWriMo...although I am pushing myself a little bit. Thanks for the reminder for "inner peace"...I needed that. :)

Keriann Greaney Martin said...

I LOVE this post. Then again, I'm a girl so I totally get it. I always obey what chocolate tells me too :).

L. T. Host said...

CHOCOLATE!!!!!

The inner peace one totally made me think of Kung Fu Panda 2, and I am a big fan of KFP2 references. I will pretend that it was directly related to that. Also,

CHOCOLATE!!!!