Friday, June 10, 2011

Sick note

Guys, it's been a rough week for the Alliteratus. I'm calling in a sick day today, too. Just got back from traveling and the brain is not working as it should.

Writing is the furthest thing from my mind at the moment. Which is okay, right? We all need a moment to come up for air and look around at what the rest of the world is doing. Wait, you CAN look at baby name books without getting a million ideas for characters? You can travel without composing the next blog in your head? You can write an email without worrying about the arc of the narrative? Interesting way of working, rest of the world.

How does the mindset of writing affect the rest of your world? And what do you do to take a breath? I'll bet you put birds on things. (I know I do.)

Pardon if you've seen this on the other nine billion social media networks on which I've shared it.

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Luckily, growing up, I had a mom who believed in the restorative power of an occasional sick (of school) day. (Seriously-- best mom EVER.) She never believed in being lazy or wasting time, and that DOING something different was better than resting. Plus, then, you get that whole sense of accomplishment going on that you don't get with resting.

I totally believe it! So I say TAKE A SICK DAY! PUT BIRDS ON THINGS! It does the body good.

L. T. Host said...

RIGHT THERE WITH YOU. SICK DAYS FOR EVERYONE.

K. Marie Criddle said...

Man, you guys are the best. You've virtually brought me really really good tomato soup on my virtual sick day. Can you both come over and we can all watch Big?

(Actually, I'm better now. No Big necessary. Thanks, amigas.)